El Bautismo de Fuego

It literally feels like paradise here. Each day starts around 60º and then gets to a high of around 70º and then gets back down to round 60º. We do practically all of our studies outside with palm trees all over the place with parrots flying back and forth from tree to tree. But it's so funny to think that I am in paradise because on the other side of the cement wall and fence is literally Mexico City and, according to the local missionaries, the sketchiest part of town. Explains the occasional gun shots we hear at night along with the loud bangs of the homemade grenades the kids make with aluminum foil and gunpowder.

Anywho ... this week has been awesome and a bit crazy. So I apologize if I haven't had a chance to respond to any emails. To start things off, I was moved to a different district. Hermana Harris and Élder Adams from distrito 10B and Hermana Hertel and I from distrito 8D were pulled from our distritos and were made into the new district of 9G, which has never happened before. So pretty much the four of us were placed in beginner Spanish distritos when we should have been placed in an intermediate distrito. Which has, apparently, never happened so they had to reach out to the Provo MTC to receive approval to move us. So on Wednesday the four of us were pulled from our classes and put into our new distrito and our new class. Which was el bautismo de fuego "baptism of fire." I call it this because I went from one three hour class teaching us how to teach the gospel in English and one three hour clase in Spanish teaching us Spanish to two 3 hour classes in just Spanish, teaching us how to preach the gospel in Spanish. And not only that, but I now have to do everything in Spanish from reading and studying scriptures and Preach My Gospel in Spanish, to speaking to everyone in Spanish. And their way of making sure we do this is by having us put a tag on our missionary tags that say "Solo Español" - "Only Spanish". Which makes life a bit more complicated when you can't speak super well.

But that's pretty much all that's happened. Well other than the fact that I'm now the District Leader since we are now a new district, and I got a new compañero (Élder  Adams), and the fact that as I'm writing this I'm feeling pretty sick. (May or may not be because I had 18 Chocolate milks today, 10 of which since dinner.)

Now to all those that I didn't get a chance to respond to, I'll try to respond next week. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

¡A LA GRAN!

Water and more water ...

El Dia de Preparación Final en la CCM