Segundo Semana en la CCM

 Two Weeks!

It's so crazy how fast time is going already! To be completely honest it has all felt like a long Spanish FSY so far. The food is interesting at times but generally it is alright. Except for when they do Mexican. Their tacos, I'm sure, are nothing compared to what the tacos are like on the other side of the fence that surrounds the CCM. But, oh, are they good compared to everything else. Los maestros have been so amazing and mi distrito has been super! We all are getting along amazing, along with, of course, the occasional tease that goes too far. But we are all learning so much in language and spirit. I can't stress enough how much the gospel is true and how much witness I have gained that it is true since I have been here. 

Now something that I learned this week that believe is really neat is this: The CCM isn't a school to teach you Spanish. That's not the purpose of it, not at all. I mean, sure, it is a side effect of being taught in an environment of mostly spanish speakers. But the whole goal of the CCM is to teach you to listen and teach by el Espiritu Santo. Without help from God, or su espiritu, this work would be impossible. Without the help we receive from Him no missionary would be very successful, especially a missionary learning a new language. Here at the CCM we do of course study Spanish, which most of it is on our own personal time. This I've learned is a crucial part, because in Doctrine and Covenants 90:11 it says:

"For it shall come to pass in that day, that every man shall hear the fulness of the gospel in his own tongue, and in his own language, through those who are ordained unto this power, by the administration of the Comforter."

It is not through me or any other missionary that the people we teach will hear the truth. But through the Holy Ghost and the gift of tongues that we receive from the holy ghost. I've learned that receiving the gift of tongues doesn't mean that you wake up one day and are fluent. But if I study the language, even if it is not a great amount, the little that I do know will be brought to my remembrance when I need it, and the Holy Spirit will help me say what I know in a way that will make sense to those that I teach and in such a way that they will feel the spirit and it can testify to them the truthfulness of the words I bring.

This single week in person has been so amazing already and I look forward so much to the rest of my time here in Mexico.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

¡A LA GRAN!

Water and more water ...

El Dia de Preparación Final en la CCM